Being aggressive is a big turn off to people.
While there are plenty of times when you will want to be assertive, this does not mean that you need to be aggressive.
If you have a tendency to be pushy or controlling, be honest with yourself about these unattractive qualities, and work on reining them in.Being calmly confident and forthright about what you want or the direction you think things should go reflects leadership and resolve.
Other people enjoy having the company of someone who is light-hearten and can make them laugh.
No one is really attracted to boring and overly serious people.
- Being the person who is always cautious, always the naysayer, or can’t see the humor in a situation is off-putting.
- Even during the most stressful, calamitous times during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln won the hearts of his cabinet and military leaders with his quick wit, lively storytelling and self-deprecating demeanor.
- If you learn how to add some levity while you’re having a conversation, other people will be naturally drawn to you. Before joining a party or other social event, think about amusing things that happened during the week.
- Have a couple of humorous stories ready to share when the moment is right.
- If you aren’t naturally funny, or you’re a more serious type, try to be an appreciative audience for those who are.
You are a person who is always cautious? Give us some ideas please.
Oliver & Kim