Without proper nutrition and healthcare, they are susceptible to illnesses.
- Teenagers have a hectic schedule as they hop from one activity to another with little time to eat or rest properly. Unhealthy eating habits prevent them from getting the nutrition they need.
- Consciousness about their body can lead to eating disorders, especially in girls. Adolescent girls who worry about their weight and appearance can develop disorders like anorexia or bulimia.
Stress can also lead to loss of appetite and sleeplessness in young children.
- Unhealthy eating habits and a less active lifestyle could also lead to obesity – this is often the case when your child consumes a lot of empty calories through fast food and sodas.
Parental guidance can help abate health problems in adolescence to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Lead by example and encourage your children to eat healthy food, exercise right and sleep on time.
- Ensure they get nutrition through their meals. Give them a balanced diet.
- Be there for them emotionally and physically as this will help them deal with any possible disorders.
What are you doing to stay healthy? Please let us know.
Oliver & Kim