Substance abuse is the biggest problems that parents of adolescents have to deal with.
- Group dynamics is one of the key factors that drive adolescents to take up smoking and drinking or to do drugs.
- The tendency to take risk encourages most teens to try smoking or drinking even before they are of legal age.
- What may start as a ‘thrill’, can become a habit if it remains unchecked.
- If there is somebody who smokes or drinks at home, they can become your teen’s role models.
- Poor self-esteem and the need to be ‘cool’ can push adolescents to smoke or drink.
- Easy access to substances like cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, and anabolic steroids may increase the temptation to try illicit substances.
- Keep an eye on your child’s behavior. Look for erratic behavior and change in his or her appetite, sleep patterns, and moods.
- Do not spy on them or accuse them of any wrongdoing. Encourage them to talk and be honest. Tell them what your concerns are and discuss the problem with them.
- If your child is not willing to talk to you, the doctors can ask confidential questions to know if they are abusing any substances. Avoid going as far as a drug test, as that may come across as confrontational and threaten the kid.
- If necessary, get your adolescent the appropriate treatment.
Du you have to handle such problems? Please ask if you can not solve the problems.
Thanks for your visit. We would be delighted if we could give you a #greatdiscount when you purchase from www.pickci.org. Code: Familyinmotion