Adolescence is the age between adulthood and childhood.
- Teenagers are often confused about their role and are torn between their responsibilities as growing adults and their desires as children.
- They tend to feel overly emotional (blame it on the hormones). Just about anything and everything can make them happy, excited, mad or angry.
- Adolescent girls are vulnerable to crying.
- Mood swings are common among teenage boys and girls.
- Bodily changes result in self-consciousness.
- Children who hit puberty early may even feel weird.
- Feelings of inferiority or superiority may arise at this time.
- Adolescence is the age when sexual feelings arise in youngsters. Feelings and thoughts about sex can trigger a sense of guilt.
Puberty can be an emotional roller-coaster ride. And it is normal. Here is how you can help your kid deal with these emotional problems of adolescence.
- Assist them to take care of themselves. Tell your teenagers that it is okay to feel the way they are feeling.
- Encourage them to exercise as physical activity helps keep the serotonin (creates good feelings and happiness) levels up.
- Let them talk. Listen to them without judging and avoid giving them advice when they are not ready for it.
- Share your experiences of puberty or let them talk to an older sibling who has gone through the same. It will emphasize that it is okay to feel the way they do.
- Indulging in a creative activity can help them channelize their emotions.
Please ask us if we can help in some difficulties.
Oliver & Kim
Thanks for your visit. We would be delighted if we could give you a #greatdiscount when you purchase from www.pickci.org. Code: Familyinmotion