The power of talking
Have you heard of the power of open ended questioning?
As an Early Childhood Teacher this was one of the most powerful lessons I learnt during my education.
- Whats an open ended question you say?
- Well it is just that a question that opens up a #child’s own thinking and reasoning skills and cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.
- For example when reading a story you could ask what do you think this story will be about? Why do you think the bear is grumpy? This stimulates your #child’s thoughts and ideas and helps encourage language and vocabulary it also shows that you care about what your #child thinks and value their opinions.
- This form of questioning can be utilized in all areas of life not just activities and planned learning but also powerful in every environment helping #children question and think about the world we live in.
- You can start this from an early age so don’t worry if you think they don’t understand, it will soon become second nature to share their voice and expand their vocabulary as they experience the benefits of ongoing open ended questions.
Thanks for your visit. We would be delighted if we could give you a #greatdiscount when you purchase from www.pickci.org. Code: Familyinmotion