Consistent means that you follow through on a regular basis.
- Consistency can help you develop routines and form habits to accomplish your goals. Consistency leads to success, which is a compelling quality to others and affords you a boost in confidence.
- Being consistent also helps you develop a reputation for being dependable — people can count on you to follow through and honor your word.
- Consistency is a big part of emotional intelligence and necessary for healthy relationships in your personal and professional life.
Be consistent, but keep in mind the arguments of others
- Rather than thinking about the list of things you have to do or where you need to be when you’re talking to someone, pay attention to what they are saying and respond appropriately.
- This may mean just nodding your head to show that you are listening and understanding or mirroring their body language so they know you are on the same page.
- Show people that you are listening, and you are interested by asking questions about what they are saying and relating to the topic being shared.
- Feeling heard by another person is one of the most validating gifts. When you really listen and show you care about what the speaker is saying, you’ll win a fan for life.
Do You Listen To Other People? Please tell us in which situations.
Oliver & Kim